Coach VARICK NYLON DRAFTING TOTE, $298
Handle any situation! Be ready for the unexpected! But don’t tote around a heavy, over-burdened diaper bag that weighs you down.
Forget the expensive mad dash to a store for items you left at home. Instead, focus on these ten essentials that meet your needs by doing double duty or packed in just the right amount.
1. Key word: Tote. Gone are the days of the diaper bag. Use one great tote that you like to carry and keep only the essentials inside. Works later on as a carry-all for the plane, laptop bag, purse etc.
2. Multi-purpose Bebe au Lait breastfeeding cover–nursing, pumping, privacy on-the-go. Doubles as a sunshade over a stroller or front-carrier + as a lightweight blanket + as a “staring stranger” shield around town or on a plane + a changing mat. Machine washable, over and over,
3. Baby wipes. For Baby, you, seats, tables…the list goes on. Be sure they’re in a re-closable and refillable container so you’re never without.
4. Diapers. 3 per baby per 4 hour period of time.
5. Ointment or diaper cream in a small tube.
5. Two small toys, preferably favorites OR ones Baby hasn’t seen in a while.
6. Ibuprofen &/or acetominophen (check with your Doctor for dosage and appropriate uses)
7. 2 small, plastic bags (preferably re-used from the grocery store) for stinky trash or wet clothes.
8. One extra outfit.
9. Natural, unscented lip balm–great for your lips, cuticles, sore nipples, and to quickly force your eyebrows into shape as well as provide a pretty bit of light on top of your cheekbones when you haven’t had time to do makeup!
10. Hand sanitizer.