I love the internet. I love that I can decide what I am feeling like for dinner, do a quick search, and find a new and inspiring way to cook an “old” standard. My most recent find is a recipe for Oven Fried Chicken.
I’ve always been a fan of fried foods. Now that I’m in my 30’s though, those foods have been catching up to me- so in addition to finding new ways to cook old favorites, its also become about finding healthier ways to cook old favorites, which is why this Oven Fried Chicken recipe was perfect for dinner last night.
So what are you going to need to whip up some healthy fried chicken?
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus 2 whole sprigs
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 pounds bone-in skinless chicken legs and thighs
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, (3-ounces)
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Got everything? OK- now check out the rest of the recipe on foodnetwork.com to get instructions! While you’re there, search for a healthy new way to cook up your favorite dish and share it in the comments section below!
The opinions expressed by the Bébé au Lait Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Bebe au Lait or any employee thereof. Bébé au Lait is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the Bébé au Lait Bloggers.