Inspired by my recent trip to the Pacific Northwest in Washington State, I picked up a beautiful salmon fillet for dinner last night. Personally, I like to BBQ my salmon, but with the uncooperative weather I grilled it on the stove top and paired it with Trader Joes 3 Minute Organic Brown Rice and fresh greens with homemade Dijon vinaigrette dressing… yum!
Here are my tips for grilling salmon on the stove top:
- Cut fillet so pieces fit on spatula to make flipping easy
- Season with garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and let marinade for 15 minutes
- On medium-high heat, grill fish meat-side down for approximately 5-7 minutes
- Flip and grill skin-side down for the same amount of time
- At this point I like to drizzle a little teriyaki sauce over my salmon. I turn it so the meat-side is up, drizzle, and flip it meat-side down to cook the sauce while the pan is still hot. Eventually lower heat to low/simmer until salmon is flaky and done!
The opinions expressed by the Bébé au Lait Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Bebe au Lait or any employee thereof. Bébé au Lait is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the Bébé au Lait Bloggers.